Latest update: 21 April 2021
Following Government advice, the Shipwreck Treasure Museum is due to reopen on 17 May 2021.
We have put in place a number of measures to ensure that everybody can enjoy the Shipwreck Treasure Museum safely:
• We will be operating with a reduced capacity on visitor numbers, allowing for more space throughout the museum providing plenty of space for visitors to socially distance.
• Our ticketing has moved online and is now the only way in which to book tickets to the museum with pre-determined time slots available, allowing for us monitor and limit the number of people visiting at any given time.
• We will be operating strict social distancing measures within the museum. Visitors are advised to remain 2 metres apart from other visitors, where possible and no less than 1 metre where 2 metres is not possible.
• The museum itself is strictly one way and visitors must exit through the designated exit at the end of the museum. Unfortunately we will be unable to re-admit visitors who have already been through the museum.
• We understand and encourage that each visitor to the museum goes around at their own pace, which may be different to those around them. We ask that you remain aware of others around you and be respectful of social distancing. Should a group of visitors wish to pass another group within the museum, we ask that you ensure that there is at least one metre of space between you and the those you wish to pass.
• We ask that all visitors adhere to Government guidelines regarding the size of household groups.
• Face coverings are required at all times throughout the building (except for those with exemptions).
At present, Government guidelines for 17 May 2021 state that groups of people indoors are limited to 2 households, your support bubble, or groups of no more than six persons from separate households.
The Shipwreck Treasure Museum has been awarded Visit England’s ‘We’re Good to Go’ certification, an industry-standard mark of reassurance that we are carefully following all the latest Government advice on COVID-19.
We are very much looking forward to being able to welcome you back to the Shipwreck Treasure Museum.