Latest update: 17 November 2020
Following Government advice, the Shipwreck Treasure Museum is due to reopen on Thursday 3rd December 2020 with the launch of our new and exciting Tunnel of Lights event.
We have put in place a number of measures to compliment those which are already in place throughout the museum, to ensure that everybody can enjoy the Tunnel of Lights and Shipwreck Treasure Museum safely:
• We will be operating with a much-reduced capacity on visitor numbers, allowing for more space throughout the tunnels and museum allowing for plenty of space for visitors to socially distance.
• Our ticketing has moved online and is now the only way in which to book tickets to the museum and tunnels with pre-determined time slots available, allowing for us monitor and limit the number of people visiting at any given time.
• We will be operating strict social distancing measures within the museum and tunnels.
• Where we are not able to operate a one-way system, we have clearly marked waiting areas for visitors to give way to others who may need to pass them.
• The museum itself is strictly one way and visitors must exit through the designated exit at the end of the museum.
• We understand and encourage that each visitor to the museum goes around at their own pace, which may be different to those around them. Should a group of visitors wish to pass another group within the museum, there is a clearly marked line on the floor in the middle of each room. It is safe to pass another group if you are on the opposite side of this line to each other as you pass.
• We ask that all visitors adhere to Government guidelines regarding the size of household groups.
• Face coverings are required at all times throughout the building (except for those with exemptions).
At present, Government guidelines state that groups of people are limited to the people you live with, your support bubble, or 1 person from another household. We will update this information should it change as we approach the date at which the museum can reopen (Thursday 3rd December 2020).
The Shipwreck Treasure Museum has been awarded Visit England’s ‘We’re Good to Go’ certification, an industry-standard mark of reassurance that we are carefully following all the latest Government advice on COVID-19.
We are very much looking forward to being able to welcome you back to the Shipwreck Treasure Museum. We wish to thank all of our visitors for their support during such difficult times.